The role includes:
- Advising end users on the correct choice of products for their applications.
- Maintaining and improving relationships with existing customers and forging new partnerships with distributors around the UK.
- Using your trades knowledge to encourage end users to try our own brand products and finding supply paths for them through our distributor network.
- Taking orders by phone, fax and email and processing them through to completion using our computer systems.
- Using sales data to identify opportunities and reacting to these.
- Supporting our area based brand representatives throughout the country, helping them to arrange regular product demonstration days in their areas and generate
visitors to these events as well as following up on leads and reacting to information fed back to the office from distributor visits.
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of a busy sales office environment.
- Taking ownership of all responsibilities and seeing them through to their conclusion in an ordered and detailed fashion.
- Liaising with the management team regarding any of the above requirements.
To work with us you will:
- Have a sound knowledge of the timber or electrical industry (or both) preferably through first-hand experience in the trade.
- Have the drive and motivation to be proactive during the day taking and making telephone calls and constantly searching for new ways to interact with our
- Be able to confidently interact with our end users and distributors answering technical questions and guiding customers to the right products for their applications.
- Be willing to pitch-in at any level of the business to offer support wherever it is required.
- Be detail-orientated, and process driven with a desire to constantly improve the system and environment in which you work.
- Be confident enough to challenge the systems and offer suggestions on more efficient ways of working.
- Be confident with computer systems and have a working knowledge of basic Microsoft Windows based products.
- Understand how your work can impact on others in the team.
- Understand how your work can impact our brand reputation.
- Be able to meet deadlines and commitments
- Demonstrate an ability to develop your knowledge and understanding of technical products
- Be reliable and trustworthy, taking pride in all you do.
- Our office hours are Monday to Friday 07:30-16:30
- 20 days of annual holiday entitlement + bank holidays and Christmas
- Based in Linton, Kent
- We offer competitive rates of pay and performance based incentives
- Company pension scheme (dependent on length of service)
- Company benefits and rewards (dependent on length of service)
- Recruiting now for an immediate start